Largest Collection of Authentic Designer and Niche Perfumes Online for Men & Women , Now Delivering India and International
The Notes :
As you are already here we are sure you already know Top Notes, Mid Notes and Base Notes. Here is detailed article.
We will jump to next Level with more advanced Jargons to help you make informed choice of your Signature Scent.Essential Oils "The Essence" : These are the oils extracted from plants and flowers. Once the oils have been extracted they go through about a series of processes before they are churned out as oils. This laborious process of perfume creation has barely begun after the essential oils are extracted . They are then masterfully blended according to a specific formula. While creating a perfume the concentration of the oil in the blend further divides it into different types.
- Mist / Deodrantes: This blend has the lightest concentration of fragrance oil. It has an oil concentration of about 1-3%. Due to its low alcohol concentration and high water content, it’s a great choice for sensitive skin and wears off faster than the other variants. Brands like Victoria Secret , Bath & Body Works have some great Mists for women , However Mist equivalent for Men are Deodorant's in terms of popularity.
- Eau De Cologne: This blend contains about 2-4% of the oil concentrate and generally fades within an hour or two. Cologne is the name most commonly given to men’s fragrances . Popular Cologne brands like 4711 Maurer & Writz , Acqua Di Parma , Pierre Cardin and so on.
- Eau De Toilette: This blend generally has about 5-15% of the oil concentrate and lingers on for about three hours. It is one of the most popular fragrance choices because it lasts well and has a lower price point than an EDP or a Parfum variant. all Designer houses like Burberry , Prada , Giorgio Armani , Yves Saint Laurent , Davidoff and so on are majorly EDTs
- Eau De Parfum: This blend has the second highest fragrance concentration with the oil concentrate between 15 to 20%.No matter what the occasion is, this fragrance type can be more reliable than other above mentioned blends. Many brands have realized that consumers needs longer lasting products Hence all 100% Niche Brands like Creed , Tom Ford, Mancera , Montale, Jovoy produce EDPs while some Designer Brands like Bvlgari , Hermes , Lalique , Davidoff , Versace have also launched EDPs
- Parfum: Also known as extrait de parfum, pure perfume or Parfum is the most concentrated scent. It contains 20 to 40% oil and can last for t hroughout the day . Though the prices are at Higher side but you get Maximum Performance. Brands like Roja Dove , Xerjoff , By Kilian , Fragrance Du Bois ,Bond No. 9,Nishane ,Clive Christian,Maison Francis Kurkdjian have Extracts Available.
Perfume jargon's might be a bit complex for an amateur or simply put a lay man. It’s however rather imperative to know what certain perfumes can render and perform to make sure you make the most of a particular type of perfumes.
People who buy perfumes are usually concerned about two very important things:
- How they Smell
- How good do these perfumes perform
Longevity: Longevity of a perfume is what is also called the lifetime of the perfume. This means how long a perfume lasts on the skin. This is from when the top notes open and eventually journey through the middle notes to melt into the base notes. The longevity of the perfume is based on the time one can still get a whiff of the perfume from their skin. Longevity of a perfume can depend on a variety of elements like:
- Skin Chemistry
- Weak Perception of Smells
- Anointing the right points : wrists, under your knees, behind your earlobes and at the base of your neck.
Sillage: Pronounced ‘See- Yahaaj’ stands for the trail your perfume leaves behind. Every living being leaves behind a sillage as they roam around. It’s the unique smell that is individualistic to you. Sniffer dogs usually follow the sillage of a human body’s unique scent to track them. In the perfume world the implications are the same. It’s the smell that lingers around you when you walk around. It’s the smell trail that you leave behind. It’s that whiff you detect in the air after someone passes by wearing a perfume.
Projection: Sillage and Projection are often terms that are confused for the other. However the difference between them is that while sillage is what trail your perfume leaves behind, projection is the length your perfume radiates to. Projection is how far a perfume pushes out into the air. Projection changes over the longevity of the perfume. The projection is very loud at the opening of the perfume and then dies down during the lifespan of the perfume.